Function - space and symmetry.
There are two main rules that are followed by the design idea of the house – achieving a maximum of open spaces and maintaining the reflection symmetry of the functional setup. Both features serve the harmonization of the setup, hence its positive effect on the inhabitants.
- a large living area – constitutes the centre of the house, its heart, a place for family integration. The most important elements of this integration are the kitchen and the fireplace. Therefore, this area may become more than just a room. It can be a dynamic space, in which family life can teem. In addition, due to the glass garden wall, this area is virtually broadened by the terrace and the green space.
- terrace – it can be accessed from each of the rooms through sliding glass doors.
- bedrooms – there are two bedrooms, one on each side of the living area for parents and children. Both resemble an identical designation of space to emphasize the equality of all inhabitants. Children are meant to live in one room so that bonding and sibling relations can be exercised. In my opinion, one of the worst developments nowadays, are children staying in their rooms on their own being accompanied solely by the internet, and not by other family members. The other bedroom is situated at a distance ensuring intimacy and independence. Here the glazing also connects the room with the garden area.
- bathrooms – wardrobes, the toilet and the bathrooms are situated behind the built in furniture, which covers the entire width reaching the ceiling of the room and, treated properly, creates its decor. Thats why one can only see a standalone bathtub and a washbasin in the first part of this room. This area can easily be referred to as bathing space. The bathing and regular room capabilities can be integrated with one another at will, by regulating the height of the separating wall in between.
|FLOOR AREA OF THE BUILDING:|
|3||BOILER ROOM||2.5 m²|
|4||LIVING ROOM WITH KITCHEN AND DINING AREA||50.4 m²|
|5||BEDROOM WITH BATHING AREA AND WARDROBE||40.2 m²|
|6||BEDROOM WITH TOILET||40.2 m²|
|SUM: 148.6 m²|
|FLOOR AREA OF THE PAVILLON:|
|7||LIVING ROOM WITH KITCHEN ANNEXE||29.3 m²|
|SUM: 68.4 m²|
|TOTAL: 217.0 m²|
- depending on the amount of thermal insulation used, the house can be energy efficient or stick to standards of a passive building
- environmentally friendly materials (wood, wool)
- the production process is environmentally friendly and least environmentally invasive to the estate chosen for construction
- quick assembly procedure, 4-7 days, excluding foundations and the floor pan, the minimum time for construction using traditional technology takes around 3 months, assuming no seasonal delays
- possibility of monitoring of the assembly process in the production hall
Form - a modernist building
My house is supposed to be financially accessible to customers appreciating modernist advantages.
The STEICO system is a ready, certified solution for the construction of walls, ceilings and roofs. It allows to design and construct environmentally friendly, energy efficient, low energy, passive, zero-energy, or even plus energy buildings. The choice is yours. With our help, you can design and build your dream house. A house that is benefits the inhabitant’s health, is environmentally friendly, guarantees warmth comfort throughout the entire year. Our house is prefabricated in production halls, in the form of ready wall, ceiling and roof panels. With the use of prefabrication, ready elements/modules are being delivered to the construction site, thus making the construction process much quicker than the traditional method.
Laminated timber from layered veneers (LVL)
Laminated timber from STEICO LVL veneers, is one of the most sturdy construction materials in the world. STEICO LVL is the essence of innovation. Unprecedented durability, stable dimensions, the most effective wood treatment technology, make the LVL the most forward-looking wood-based construction material. The product finds a wide spectrum of use in modern energy efficient building industry, e.g. as ground beams, lintels, top plates, ridges, joists. LVL consists of many layers of glued together pine veneers of 3 mm thickness each. Flaws in the wood are being eliminate during production, hence a material of a nearly homogenous cross section. This method assures that STEICO LVL displays highest strength parameters.
Steico - insulation materials
- Steico Insulation Materials are made from coniferous timber – with no harmful additives
- Ideal choice for energy efficient buildings
- protects from heat, cold and fire
- guards against humidity and noise
- Steico guarantees a natural micro climate. Due to the lack of harmful additives, Steico materials are great for people with allergies or otherwise prone to ailments.
- Active climate protection – binds CO2
- Steico materials assure the secure convection of steam, hence the protection from condensation.
Adaptation of home design to individual customer needs
Modular – the house can be expanded by adding modules to the main block
Obtaining a building permit
Overseeing the construction of the house until practical completion